The 2017 Travel Award applications are now closed. Travel Award applications for the 2018 Annual Meeting will be open in September 2017.
PSG is pleased to be able to offer Travel Awards to assist attendees that need financial assistance. Travel Awards are offered in three categories:
- full-time student in USA or Canada
- full-time student not in USA or Canada
- full-time scientist not in USA or Canada
The criteria for a Travel Award are as follows: (1) PSG membership; (2) abstract submitted and accepted for oral presentation (preferred) or poster presentation at the annual meeting; (3) presentation of research at annual meeting; and (4) accept the travel award in-person at the annual meeting. Students and non-USA/Canada scientists may apply as often as needed, however for students, PSG will only offer one award within a 3-year period.
Every year, PSG’s Silent Auction raises money during the annual meeting to help student members with travel expenses. PSG gratefully accepts donations to help support student and scientist travel, and donations can be made at any time of year. All donations are tax deductible. Please consider donating today on RegOnline, and help to bring students and non-US/Canada scientists to the annual meeting.
The application for a travel award is found on the PSG RegOnline. To apply, prepare a short essay that explains why you need the award and your financial situation, and submit an abstract for an oral presentation (preferred; posters will be considered). Submit your application via RegOnline during the application period. It is recommended that you prepare your essay in a word processing application (e.g, MS Word) before starting the RegOnline process, and copy and paste the text into the box provided on RegOnline.
Please include the following in your essay – missing information makes it difficult to assess the merits of your request. The essay should be 250 words (or 1,750 characters, with spaces) and answer the following questions:
- What degree program are you in and when will you be finished? (students only; post-docs do not qualify for student awards)
- Presentation type, oral (preferred) or poster?
- Are you presenting in a Special Paper Session or Symposia?
- Is this your first time attending a PSG meeting? If not, in what year(s) have you attended?
- Is this your first time presenting at PSG? If not, in what year(s) have you presented?
- What amount you are requesting from PSG? (USD$)
- What is the total estimated cost for your attendance at the meeting? (USD$) Please include airfare or mileage, lodging, meals, registration.
- Do you have other sources of funding? Please indicate the source and the amount.
- What are you doing to keep your costs as low as possible? Are you sharing lodging or volunteering at the meeting?
Please note: Students may receive only one travel award within a three-year period. For 2017 awards, students must not have have previously received a travel award in any of the last three years 2016-2015-2014 (Turtle Bay, HI; San Jose, CA; Juneau, AK)
2017 Travel Awards
Notification will be provided by 7 December and travel awards must be accepted by notifying the Travel Award Chair in writing (email) no later than 30 December 2016. All travel awards that are not accepted will be redistributed to other applicants on 1 January 2017.
- Applications Open: 30 Sept 2016
- Application Deadline: 30 Oct 2016
- Notifications: 7 Dec 2016
- Award Acceptance: 30 Dec 2016
Contact for more information:
Kathy Kuletz, 2017 Awards Committee Chair: email@example.com